PRAWN & MANGO SALAD
If you prefer, you can substitute mangoes with fresh white peaches or pears.
This Asian-inspired salad combines two exquisite flavours, prawns and mango. The salad is sweet but spicy, juicy and fresh, and perfect to impress your guests at your next dinner party. Large prawns are marinated in a zesty sauce, then sautéed until golden brown, tender and sticky, and served with peppery rocket leaves on tropical mango cheeks.
1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
1 large red chilli, seeded and finely sliced
2 teaspoons dried thyme leaves
1 tablespoon orange juice
2 teaspoons orange zest
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
Freshly ground salt and black pepper, to taste
16 large green prawns, peeled and deveined
2 large mangoes, peeled and cheeks cut off
50 grams rocket
16 basil leaves, finely sliced
1. Mix together garlic, chilli, thyme, orange juice, orange zest, vegetable oil, salt and black pepper in a medium size glass bowl.
2. Add green prawns to the marinade, cover and refrigerate for 4 hours, tossing occasionally.
3. Place 1 mango cheek on each serving plate.
4. Top each mango cheek with a handful of rocket.
5. Cook prawns in a lightly oiled large non-stick frypan over medium heat for 2 minutes on each side.
6. Arrange cooked prawns on top of mango and rocket, and drizzle with a little leftover marinade.
7. Sprinkle with basil leaves and freshly ground black pepper, and serve immediately.