OLIVE HERB BREAD
Once sliced, “if their are any left overs” place in a freezer bag and freeze until required.
Great toasted or simply dip into olive oil and enjoy.
You can't beat the smell of home made bread wafting through your house ! what's even better is cutting into pipping hot bread straight out of the oven !
I decided to experiment when a friend asked me about gf olive bread, I had never tried it before, but I now know just how amazing it is YUMO !
I'm addicted big time and I'm sure you will absolutely love this Italian inspired bread recipe too.
1. 500 grams gf bread mix (i used Laucke seed mix for this recipe)
2. 360 grams of warm-hot tap water
3. 3/4 cup of pitted black olives, cut in half and pat dry with paper towels
4. 2/3 cup of marinated fetta crumbled
5. 3 large garlic cloves, peeled and chopped finely
6. 3 spring onions, outer skin and roots removed and sliced finely
7. 3 teaspoons of dried italian herbs
8. pinch of freshly ground salt
9. sesame seeds to garnish
1. Line a cast iron dutch oven with non-stick baking paper and spray with olive oil.
2. Preheat oven to the lowest temperature possible.
3. Combine bread mix and water together using an electric beater on low speed for 2 and 1/2 minutes.
4. Fold in olives, marinated fetta, garlic, spring onions, italian herbs and salt.
5. Pour into prepared dutch oven, sprinkle with sesame seeds, cover with lid.
6. Place in preheated oven to prove for 25 minutes.
7. Remove lid, turn temperature up to 195'C and bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Allow to cool “if possible” before slicing.