If you have any leftover cakes, cover and store in a refrigerator. Reheat in a microwave for 2 minutes when required.
This recipe is a beautiful way to start the day and is easy to prepare. Grated potato and zucchini are combined with red onion, egg and fresh herbs, and made into crispy cakes of goodness. (Makes 6)
1 large potato, peeled and coarsely grated
1 large zucchini, coarsely grated
1 small red onion, peeled and finely chopped
1 egg, slightly beaten
3 tablespoons gluten-free self-raising flour, sifted
1 large spring onion, roots and outer skin removed, finely sliced
1 tablespoon garlic chives, roughly chopped
Freshly ground salt and black pepper, to taste
¼ cup olive oil
1. Place grated potato and zucchini on a clean tea towel; bring corners together, twist and squeeze out as much moisture as possible.
2. Transfer potato and zucchini to a large mixing bowl, add red onion, egg, gluten-free self-raising flour, spring onions, chives, salt and black pepper.
3. Heat olive oil in a large non-stick frypan over medium heat.
4. Add level tablespoons of mixture, and cook until crisp and golden brown on both sides.
5. Drain on paper towels, and serve hot with gluten-free toast and poached eggs.